Thread: Blu-Ray Player?
View Single Post

Posted 2009-03-03, 04:16 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Well yeah... it's a PS3, it's what it..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Well yeah... it's a PS3, it's what it does. I'm pretty sure it does surround sound, but I'll have to check (to connect it up to a surround sound system, btw, you'd either need an optical cable from the PS3, or connect the surround sound to the HDTV).

As WW said, you need to be able to update the firmware, and as far as I know, the PS3 is the only Blu-ray player that has that capability built in (at least, I haven't heard of any other players that can do it).

If you don't go for a PS3 (booooo, hiss, shame on you!!) then look for Sony, Sharp, Panasonic or Samsung players.

Have you got a decent HDTV?
Eh, well its a Mitsubishi DLP. According to "The Guy at the Store", 'it runs by a type of projector thingy inside the hdtv, so it doesn't burn-in. Great for gamers' So i got that one, Its pretty big... umm if i remember correctly 72-inch or 64-inch or something like that. It doesn't really have GREAT picture like the ones in the store, but i like it. (this could be due to the fact that i don't have an HDMI cable)

In terms of buying a PS3, i would love to . But, scince i am under-age at the moment. I really have no say in what My parents are going to buy. Hopefully thanks to what you have explained to me i will be able to Convince them to get the PS3.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn