Thread: Mass Banning
View Single Post

Posted 2005-08-12, 03:51 AM in reply to Kaneda's post starting ""Today’s account closures reflect our..."
Kaneda said:
"Today’s account closures reflect our zero-tolerance policy against cheating, as well as our effort to prepare the Realms for the new ladder season. We appreciate the support of the thousands of legitimate Diablo II players in helping us keep Battle.net a secure and fun place to play Blizzard games."

Zero tolerancy policy against cheating whenever it SUITES THEM. People have been using MH's worry free for well over 3 years, almost the same w/ bots and pretty much any other exploit. The support from the "thousands" of legit players is primarly noobs, that just don't know where to get a mh from. I see a legit player once in a blue moon and hey thats cool but if they need to be constantly enforcing the rules so people dont become accustomed to breaking them. Just because they're initiating a new ladder they all of the sudden get w/ the program. They've probably banned the equivalent to half of the new players they've aquired w/ the new patch. I'm not crying, because I'm not playing anymore. But really, it was a bonehead move on they're part.
Moving onto WoW(hack free) eventually.
That a boy, I play WoW, and it's pretty awesome, once you hit the later levels, your just getting started on the game. I still play Daiblo 2 though alittle when the Warcraft realms are down or a new patch is out, might have to check to see if I was banned on D2. And I know they can't see who is cheating, because my friend and I were both using maphack ( last time they did mass bannings ) and we got realm down, but when we got back on he was banned for hacking and I wasn't, kinda strange don't you think? I say they just ban random people as a scare factor, "don't use the maphack or were gonna get ya". But maybe that is just me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
badboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenbadboy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

badboy