View Single Post

Posted 2010-03-19, 02:18 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Maria Holic Trap / comedy / episodic..."
Yozakura Quartet
Supernatural / Action

Animation: C+
Story: C-
Dub: N/A Sub Only release
Sub: C+

I must be on a bad streak of watching crap lately. This was another series I just couldn't get into. The show was lacking any good comedy and good fanservice, which would be OK as long as the action was good.... but it had none of that either. Lots of bloodless fight scenes galore. At one point, one of the main characters gets smashed by a lizard the size of a Menos Grande and comes out of it with a few scuff marks on her cheak.

There were some retarded episode plot arcs that dealt with the Mayor of the town finding a stray dog, feeding it and loving it, only to scold it one day and have it run away after which it got possessed by some cat eared possessed **** boy. Sounds retarded on paper? Try watching it.

This series, probably due to it's short 12 episode length, also fails to explain quite a bit of backstory too. How did **** catboy get possessed in the first place... how does a tuned demon come back from 'tune land'..... why the hell was some old man hiding a weapon that could have finished this when the troubles first started in his underwear drawer....

I really am beginning to dislike the 12 episode series. They always seem to do space time leaps over backstories and decent explanations...

Overall suggestion: Boring and at times annoying. One of the characters has the ability to summon pretty much anything. She frequently summons machine guns where she proceeds to REPEATEDLY shout ARARARARARARARARARARARAR (or something along those lines) for a good 20 seconds which a bunch of badly animated bullets move across the screen. I wouldn't even bother renting this either...

Next up: School Rumble. I'll probably review it by season.. or maybe I wont finish it at all. I'm getting tired of forcing myself to finish bad series -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign