View Single Post

Posted 2010-03-19, 02:17 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ..."
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A

Animation: B+
Story: B+
Dub: F-
Sub: A-

All in all a pretty good show. The animation seems to have gotten better over the first season, but I'm still noticing that EVERY scene has some sort of awkward glow coming from some point on the screen. Lights / the sun / screens / magic circles seem to emit some sort of blinding light that diffuses once it hits the camera field of view.

We also see some nice power upgrades for our two heroines. Fate eventually gets a new form for her Bardiche that makes it look identical to Guts' demon slayer, just more yellow and slightly cute. Nanonha on the other hand keeps getting more and more sleek looking wepon upgrades with her Raising Heart.

The wolkenritter knights were a pleasant addition to the series as well. Signum wields a nifty sword which has a snake form. Think of her as a female renji with a nice rack. Vita wields a giant baka hammer that has a pissed off german voice to it. Shamal just sits back as she is virtually useless in battle... just like that healing captain in bleach who's name is not important enough to remember (unohana or something?).

Overall Suggestion: I think this one is worth a buy. It's nothing overly epic.... but its still some good fun.

Next up: Either Eureka 7 or Kamichu. I'll know in just a bit ~_~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign