View Single Post

Posted 2002-04-10, 10:50 PM in reply to GodsLittlePimp's post "!!!!only Read If Your Open Minded!!!!"
Because for a very long time America never had to worry about anything. Living in America is like living in a box. We were completely seperate from the rest of the world. Why show pride if you dont even have to. Of course it would take something big to open our eyes and realize that we take this land for granted. Oklahoma was withen America so that wouldnt make you look past our borders. Sept. 11 is the first time in a looong time we have actually been seriously attacked by another country.

When your born you cannot choose where your born or who your parents are. If you are born in America consider yourself lucky. You probably don't know what its like in many countries around the world. It is extremely different. If you have been in America all your life and consider yourself open minded i promise you will find it very depressing to travel to certain places.

I don't consider patriotism to be an especially good thing. All it does is cause war. the definition is Love of and devotion to one's country. This means you must think lesser of other countries. If you have never been anywhere else or met the people then it is ignorant to consider yourself truely a patriot.

There really is a whole different world out there and i'm very sure it isnt what you picture in your mind. Things like Sept. 11 are regular events for some people and have beent that way for peoples life times. No one else in the world cares or supports them. What kind of country are we you ask? becoming a normal one.

edit: evil-steven: what makes you think Xenn is so wrong?
sig coming soon click for sig page!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
King Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKing Kai 3 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

King Kai 3