View Single Post

Posted 2010-04-29, 12:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "We can't just give potential predators..."
Quote:
I mean, if we prepare for the worst, our asses are covered. If extraterrestrials do end up being peaceful, awesome! We still have the means to protect ourselves if they aren't.

I'll throw another wise adage out there: "Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."
True true, and given any scenario, these are all still hypotheticals. And great quote, that sums up your persuasion very well. And I agree with it, I just am on the side that thinks fear of extraterrestrials could somehow impact our search and exploration for them, given that people are less likely to venture and alott huge amounts of money if they progress into the notion that we should fear what is out there.

But by any means, protecting ourself would obviously be the best route. The only problem is, we have absolutely no clue what we're up against, potentially. For all we know, they could be about to attack/consume our planet any moment. Not likely, but something Hollywood has played up numerous times. I'm just eager for our Race/Planet to actually find some physical evidence of said life outside of our own planet. Mars, perhaps? I guess only time can tell.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V