Thread: New to Zelaron
View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-25, 07:59 PM in reply to Tynion's post starting "Ok, my turn. A few points to be..."
Tynion said: [Goto]
Ok, my turn.

A few points to be made.

#1: No one was being 'pimped' out. It was my understanding from both Yawg and Chruser that this forum was floundering and they both were looking for a way to improve the growth of the site. At the same time, I was looking for a webhost and a potential readerbase for my magazine.

It made sense that we sit down, have a cup of coffee and see if our desires and ambitions could walk together for a while, and at the same time we could both be mutually beneficial to each other.

#2 I am not being overly sensative about anything. I am not making a magazine to be your damn friend. You don't go to work because you like your boss or your clients. You do it because you want to make money and take care of your family. Its business man. Period. My initial post was me trying to step into your world and try to be friendly. I don't even have my first issue complete yet, so how could I even try to sell you a damn thing. If you are worried because of my business like tone, well get over it. That is how I operate. I work in a professional atmosphere and have done so for ten years. I ran a website where I needed to 'kindly coerce' people who were not being paid into writing a ton of articles, and so I developed this whole personality out of necessity of getting things done.

#3: Sort of going back to the this is business thing: sure you may not think you we rude, but look at it from someones perspective other than your own. The intention was that my readers, from other spectrums of the world, were going to be directed into your community from my site. I was going to be depositing my reader base into the same hot pot that I stepped into. I made one post and I have an a-hole grilling me. Now all the sudden I am overly sensitive. You are trying to tell me that you are not going to grill the next guy who comes in and says something that doesn't fit in with your train of thought?

News flash to you sir (the first fellow who commented on me), if you guys were doing a great job of growing your community, Yawg and Chruser would not have approached me. So I guess the point of my little rant is that while you can always feel free to shed blame onto other people, I have found that most people with problems have a real hard time finding the problem when they go in search of it. You don't need to search... it right there.

Lastly.. Don't put anything on Chruser. If my understanding is correct, he owns the place and it is on his shoulders to make the tough decisions. You should be patting him on the back for finding a good partner who has the same needs and ambitions and has potential of doing what he was struggling to do at the time, grow his network.
Asshats aren't welcome here. Bye bye now!

You claim you were "trying to step into our world and be friendly," yet you claim you don't make a magazine to be our friend?

Regardless, your intentions were not to be a "member of the community" but rather a "business-partner." At this point, I'm pretty sure all business is off and that is unlikely to change. I don't (and didn't) particularly care that you were going to be a business partner, but at the time of your posting, Chruser and Yawgmoth were the only ones informed of that. If you hadn't mentioned Yawgmoth's name, you would have been banned straight away for advertising.

Nobody here flamed you or was even rude to you. You've overreacted, and now you're coming across as even more of an asshat.

Chruser might decide that he actually still wants to persue some sort of business relationship with you, and he might disagree with me, but for now you're taking a hike.

By the way, you're going to be a failure. Business is not for you. Do something else, you're horrible at this.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!