View Single Post

Posted 2007-05-07, 10:23 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Actually, it takes just a few minutes..."
LOL Wed....I just took the SHORT version of the tutorial for ABS in the rpgmaker2k3 and I must say....I am pretty smart at this programming and scripting stuff and it takes a good while. Sure ANYBODY can make an entity with a villian pic move about and when or if it touches the hero it causes damage, however, that doesn't even scratch the surface of what it takes to make a descent looking game such as Zelda ABS. You must either "rip" or draw you own spirits for each act such as striking, death, defense, speacial skills, item using, other usings such as keys, and the death sprite of not only you, but every differant enemy and/or partner in the game. Not to mention you have to set the range for different attacks by setting up your X, and Y, coordinates and you -X, and -Y, coordinates for each differant villian(monster) and the hero for all for(even 8 if ya wanna get fancy) directions. Then you have to set up a HUGE SPOOL of variables containing stuff like enemy HP and other things, THEN you must do the same for your character/ers. The only real short thing in this proccess is switches. I would HIGHLY recommend the RMXP for the ABS. The reason being, it is WAAY more simple due to scripts. There are a LOT of scripters if you don't whant to make one yourself who would let you use their custom made ABS scripts. A simple 5 minutes of Copy/Paste and VUALAH! This also saves in lagg for some of you with the older computers.(Some may require customizd spirits).

Last edited by frostedsn0; 2007-05-07 at 10:29 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
frostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenfrostedsn0 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

frostedsn0