Thread: It has begun...
View Single Post

Posted 2017-05-15, 06:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Hell Diablo Slain! ..."
Hell Ancients Slain!

HOOOOOLY shit was this obnoxious to do. So Korlic is ALWAYS Cold Immune, which meant that my merc was required to kill him. The other two ancients have a chance to be Cold Immune as well, so I basically had to keep "rerolling" the ancients until I got the right combination of modifiers on them. To complicate matters, the only way I could figure out to accomplish the task was to take Korlic out first, as there was no way I could kill the other two ancients while keeping my merc alive to handle Korlic, so I had to separate Korlic from the pack and in the process I couldn't really see if the other two were also Cold Immune. If Korlic rolled with the "Stoneskin" mod, it took far too long for my merc to kill him for it to be reasonable (it would have literally taken around 30-60 minutes just to kill Korlic if he had that mod.) In the event that I managed to successfully separate Korlic from the pack and he didn't have the Stoneskin mod, it still took around 5-10 minutes for my merc to kill him. On the plus side, for whatever reason Korlic would never target my merc, so all I had to do was run or teleport back and forth avoiding his leaps and attacks while my merc slowly chipped away at his health. The first few times I actually managed to kill him, I then approached the other two ancients and found that one of them was also Cold Immune, and there was no way my merc could solo either of them due to the nature of their attacks and the fact that they would actually target him, which meant I would have to reset. The first time that I managed to kill Korlic and then approached the other two ancients and they weren't Cold Immune, Madawc (the thrower) spawned with the Extra Strong mod and 1-shot me before I could even make a dent in them. This was around 3 hours into my attempts, at which point I almost decided to quit, but managed to maintain the will to carry on. Eventually after hours of trial and error, I managed to take out Korlic with my merc and then solo Madawc and Talic.

Ultimately, I probably would have been better off just spending all of this time farming for upgrades for myself and my merc to make the fight easier all-around, but I'm glad I managed to take them out anyway. Now Baal awaits...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!