View Single Post

Posted 2010-04-28, 01:15 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "A few interesting comments on Hawking's..."
He's got some interesting views on 'alien' life, absolutely. His main argument about conatcting them,
Steven Hawking said:
If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans.
I can agree with initially, but I don't think realistically it would ever happen. I agree mainly with the blogger in the first link. I don't think we should coward away from trying to invite them here and remaining as quiet as possible. There is no use in doing so, without embracing or basic human instincts to use our imagination we're basically useless, as we're considered in this existence.

Great videos though, I would definitely recommend that everyone check them out if you have some spare time.

It is a fun argument to agree to disagree on though.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V