View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-14, 11:12 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "And the church has been trying to..."
Willkillforfood said:
The reason why it's so ironic is because they're supposed to not just be normal, fallible human beings.
Yes, i sort of agree with you there. It is something that is more shameful for a priest to do. The other priests who hear about this happening are very hurt. It's no less than betrayel.

!King_Amazon! said:
Scientists were often RUINED or KILLED for even saying that there could be a different explaination for things
Yes. I admit that the church did go through a period of corruption. However, this only proves that the ordained priests are not God and therefore have the ability to be led astray. There has been many cases where very sinful men have joined the priesthood for the sole purpose of destroying the church from the inside. This is when catholics have to hold onto what the church is supposed to be.

!King_Amazon! said:
The church basically doesn't care about silencing the truth, it just cares about maintaining its control over the people.
They don't try to control people, not any more at least. I've never felt controlled. In the case of silencing truth, however, you are partially right. There are some churches where the clergy is so corrput that it will not even allow their own priests to speak what they believe to be truth. What men make the church out to be, and what Catholicism is essentially about are two completely different things.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMidnightsChorus is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MidnightsChorus