View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-28, 02:45 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I don't know if I had posted in here or..."
How was this "Supreme Being" created that caused the creation of the gravity and matter that caused the creation of the big bang?

I love the retardism of previous posts though. For some reason people are talking as if words already existed and we just fit things into them when the truth is words were created to fit to those things. For instance, evolution is a WORD created to label the changes and adaptations of creatures to their changing enviroment. We didn't already have the word evolution and decide that it would mean something. No we had something and decided that we would put a word on it.

Also comparing evolution to creationism is a little like comparing peanut butter to bread. Sure the peanut butter can go on the bread but they are certainly not the same thing. In other terms. How does "changes and adaptations of creatures to their changing enviroment." compare to "how the universe started". Evolution is more like a explanation of why our eyes go bad from staring at the sun too long. Creation is more like an explanation, albiet a very fickle and unproven one, of how the very cosmos came to be. I fail to see how they collide exactly. Thus Jesus's previous arguements are moot at best on how evolution is untrue. However his arguements that the big bang theory are untrue are moot because of another cause all together. That cause being it has been labelled. The minute you label a circumstance it means that that circumstance is true but it may or may not explain what it does.

Simply put Scientists discovered through astrology and experiments that you could create a big bang in which you are left with living and non living matter. They said "This could be how the universe started."

Now one could argue that it's not how the universe started however you cannot say it's untrue or that it isn't a possibility when you don't provide much evidence other than people saying "I believe it's true/untrue because I prayed about it." You cannot go off of 1 of 6 billion peoples beliefs and say it's absolute truth. In fact even if all 6 billion believed it that does not mean it's the absolute truth. It simply means that 6 billion people "believe" it's the truth but who says they are right? What because there are so many on them that vehemently swear to it it's the right answer? Does this mean that if I got enough people together to swear that 2+2 was 22 it would make it absolute truth? Even though the number system does not work like that? No. Please present more evidence of your claims. Of course the difference between religion and science IS evidence.

Thus while I am a religous man I still do believe that evolution is true.
skurai said: [Goto]
big Foot -
A Big Monkey. So?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
hotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhotdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

hotdog