View Single Post

Posted 2011-08-11, 09:06 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Can you still do a non-lethal one hit..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Can you still do a non-lethal one hit melee takedown from behind with a baton?
I didn't try it, as I chose a tranquilizer rifle instead of a "baton" during the beginning, and didn't find a baton or prod after that. However, there's an instant takedown melee move (with a somewhat long recharge time) that's performed at the push of a button, which makes a "baton takedown" less useful.

I don't understand your timefreeze while hacking thing. Does it or doesn't it? It certainly didn't in the original Deus Ex.
I changed my wording. Time doesn't freeze in either game, but IIRC, you were invulnerable until you stopped using a computer in DX (e.g. by your hacking timer expiring). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong regarding that, though, as halted NPC weapon fire may only have applied to conversations.

Computerized toilets sound scary. What if someone hacked them?
Human beings feel pleasure when they are watched.

Last edited by Knight Sir Rick; 2011-08-11 at 09:14 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Knight Sir Rick enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzKnight Sir Rick enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Knight Sir Rick