Thread: New to Zelaron
View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-24, 05:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'd just like to make a point on this,..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
The guy came across as an asshat, not as a new member that was joining the community. He came across as an asshat because you did not let us know of his intentions. Keep blaming us for it, but the members are not the ones at fault here.
I won't. In re-reading, I have come to the conclusion that the "broken rules" were only borderline violations, but I admit that my own failure to inform the staff and members about our prospective co-operation with Tynion were the reason for things working out the way they did. I apologize for blaming you, members of Zelaron who felt blamed prior to the recent cancellation of my unjust blame toward you.

Of course, because no rules were arguably broken, perhaps Tynion was just unusually sensitive to our "unfriendly climate" or something to that extent. I don't expect that to change overnight, so our co-operation was likely doomed either way.

That being said, I would find it preferable for the introduction forum to carry a veil of friendliness at all times. After new members been properly lulled by our altruism, they can meander into cowboy wasteland at will for all I care.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-24 at 05:45 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser