View Single Post

Posted 2009-04-29, 07:49 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "The A/H1N1 subtype also caused the..."
Well, 36,000/300,000,000=very small percentage. If even one out of a hundred infected dies, it's more severe than the normal one it seems. Mexico has had 160 deaths out of 2,498 proven sick with it. That's right over 6.4%. Granted, I doubt it'll have that sort of kill rate in the U.S. But in 3rd world nations I'd suspect it could be fairly consistant. I would suspect at least 3 billion people live in the third world. 6.4% x 3 billion = 192 million people. That's only if 6.4% of less than half the world's population were to die. Seeing as there's probably tons of undiagnosed cases, this scenario may be a bit too extreme. But it may not be too, as more may die. We'll see.

The vaccines are going to take many months to develop by the way, and this pandemic would probably already have ran its course through Mexico and the U.S. by then, i suspect. Any damage that's going to be done very well might be done by then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood