View Single Post

Posted 2012-06-20, 09:53 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think the RMAH is the problem. ..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Blizzard has designed the game in such a way that promotes using [the AH], almost to the point of requiring it, and they will continue to make changes that make your purchases worthless therefore trying to get you to use it again.

This is probably true. You'd think that the 12 years of development time since D2, and the experience with making the world's most popular MMORPG, would make Blizzard think through their item and gold sinks better.

Seriously, how could anyone in their right mind think that essentially one gold sink (crafting), and the band-aid you mentioned, would be good enough?

(I've intentionally omitted a few sinks like the cost of repairing items, because it's not really an issue unless you play terribly, IMAO. Getting killed isn't an investment.)

What should be done is to add incentives for players to get rid of gold and items when there's too much of it in the economy (duh). Keeping RMAH prices high is of course an incentive for sellers, but it wouldn't be in the interest of the individual player to get rid of his own gold and items solely to this end. Instead, letting players reduce the supply of others would be one possible solution (think hardcore PvP), but I guess this isn't EVE...
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2012-06-20 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Yes!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser