View Single Post

help with 'super mario world' style music change
Posted 2007-03-04, 09:40 PM
hey was wondering if anyone could help me with an event I'm trying to make in my game.

in the game, I've been trying to make one midi file replace another midi file seamlessly.
E.G.
Alex is walking threw a forest and picks up a magic wand, and when he does, a trumpet is added to the current song. (don't worry thats not my game lol)

this is done by having 2 Midi files. 'midi file 1' being the basic song with no trumpet, and 'midi file 2' being the exact same song only having a trumpet melody over it.

this is done by turning off 'Midi file 1' when ever the wand is picked up, and starts 'midi file 2' where 'midi file 1' left off. so, in essence, the basic song is being played, but when the wand is picked up, a trumpet is added to the song.

if you have played "Super Mario world", you will know what I'm talking about (when Mario jumps on Yoshi, tribal drums are added to the song).

i know that it may have something to do with checking the "MIDI Play Pos.(Tick)" in change variable, but i just can't seem to figure it out. any help or a link to any tuts that show this would be really appreciated thanks.

***EDIT***
forgot to mention, I'm using RM2k3

Last edited by Feggy; 2007-03-05 at 12:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Feggy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFeggy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Feggy