View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-19, 10:55 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "e8400 that $80 gigabyte p35 board 4gb..."
Mantralord said:
e8400
that $80 gigabyte p35 board
4gb of whatever ddr800 ram you choose
western digital 640gb
8800gt
450W power supply

dont listen to the retards on every hardware forum, they're idiotic wasteful people
A 450w power supply isn't enough to run the top of the line graphics cards. In fact I've put in a graphics card before without playing attention to the fact that you needed a higher internal power supply; and when the computer turned on, it was blank.

I'd suggest a 1000+ watt internal power supply if you plan to put one or more of the worlds most powerful Graphics Cards in your system.

Worlds most powerful Graphics Card to date = ATI Radion HD 3870 X2

Here's what I'd go for.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_8200/

Core Components

NZXT Zero Aluminum Full Tower 420W Case (I like full towers)
Extra Case Cooling Fan (2x)
Thermaltake ToughPower 1,000 Watts Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready (If not higher)
AMD Phenom™ X4 9850 Black Edition Quad-Core
(Take all of the freebies)
CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan
MSI K9A2 CF-F AMD 790X CrossFire Chipset DDR2/1066 Dual 16X PCIE (If not a better one)
I've personally never had much of an issues with memory so anywhere from 3GB of ram to 4GB is fine.
ATI Radeon HD 3870 PCI-E x16 512MB (If you want Super Gaming then go for the X2 version)
At least a 500GB HDD.

Accessories

(You do whatever you want here)

Software & Services

Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2
^You will need that if you want a gaming computer, Vista will slow you down FAR too much.^
(Set whatever else you want)

Final Price = $1246.00

Not shabby at all for a powerful computer.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy