View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-09, 10:54 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "I have a strong suspicion that most of..."
WetWired said:
I have a strong suspicion that most of what is shown in Stargate SG-1 has basis in reality, which in turn explains most unexplained phenomena.
BORKED

Personally, I generally do not subscribe to conspiracy theories. They, however, have uses in art, game development and philosophy, in pursuit of discord. I have not yet investigated their viability in terms of being tools for meliorating the effects of endeavours in mind control.

As Dr. Douglas, co-author of "The hidden impact of conspiracy theories: Perceived and actual influence of theories surrounding the death of Princess Diana" in Journal of Social Psychology mentioned:

"Our research provides a first psychological examination of the impact of conspiracy theories. It also provides a potential explanation for an interesting paradox. Why do conspiracy theories endure when there is no factual support for them, and even when they fly in the face of established facts? Our findings suggest that conspiracy theories may actually have a 'hidden impact', meaning that they powerfully influence people's attitudes whilst people do not know it; outwardly they may deny the extent to which they have been influenced but in truth they tend to endorse the new information and pass it on to others."
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-04-09 at 11:07 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser