View Single Post

Posted 2008-10-05, 04:56 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "I'm sorry to disagree with you, but yes..."
Draco2003 said: [Goto]
I'm sorry to disagree with you, but yes it does. Look outside. Where is the sun? 6 hours from now, look again. Where's it at now? In another 6 hours, have another look and note where the sun is. Tell me you didn't notice the sun in 3 seperate locations, one of which was probably non-existant if it was at night. Yet you didn't move. You are still on your front porch or in your house. So, it is perceived as the sun revolving around Earth. In which case, someone's perceptions aren't wrong, just ill-informed.

On a side note: when debating something, be prepared to offer more than an insult in your argument. Debates get pretty heated here, as we usually have someone argue just for the sake of arguing. Just a heads up. And welcome to Zelaron!
To talk about something going around something else you must be in the perspective of a proper reference frame where physics makes sense, ergo you have to be in an inertial reference frame. The earth is not an inertial reference frame. Ergo, you can not use the earth as a proper coordinate system. From any inertial reference frame the sun revolves around the earth. You fell for a fallacy that was resolved permanently a hundred years ago, and if you want to look past eurocentrism, thousands of years ago. If Jamer deserves an ass title you deserve a PHAIL title.

GG no re nub.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
FatIonSurged is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenFatIonSurged is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

FatIonSurged