View Single Post

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:34 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I think your just trying to find..."
Sorry for the last thing I wrote. I wrote that when I'd literally just woken up. I had a hard time understanding what I was saying.

Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
I think your just trying to find reasons why your old fashioned hard drive that consumes a lot more power and makes a lot more noise is better than a SSD. As soon as I finish getting the parts and complete my system I will make a video of the startup process.

Wow, noise. Who the fuck cares. My computer without the hard drives makes a hela-fucking lot of noise. I can't stand when people complain about noise. For shits sake, if you want a fucking monster, don't fucking complain about the noise.

Sorry, I got a little angry there because I really can't stand people who complain about noise. Why? Because in the end it's not really that loud, it's all in the persons paranoid head.

Sum Yung Guy said: [Goto]
You did the test yourself on your system that has the Cheetah? Slapped in a SSD to see that your Cheetah was faster?

I don't have any SSD. But when I was looking for a super fast drive I did lots of research and found some tests between SSD and Cheetah 15k. The Cheetah was the winner overall performance (so that means it won some and lost some). However, upon quickly searching, I could not relocate the test results I'd found. But, that doesn't mean I direct you towards a review of the Cheetah.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...as,2004-3.html
Quote:
The average access time of 5.7 ms cannot match the 0.5 ms or less we find with flash SSDs, but this drive still delivers best-of-class access times. In fact, it’s interesting to see that the Cheetah 15K.6 is actually head to head with the 2.5” Savvio 15K.1, which has been the fastest in access time so far."
That's all in milliseconds. A mere .7 or so milliseconds away.

The main problem found in SSD, though, is the fact that they are currently still fairly new. With that, there are many problems that they have. And changes that will probably come within the near future may fix them. I wouldn't bother buying one until they're larger and more stable.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy