View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-23, 03:20 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Without religion we'd still be in the..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Without religion we'd still be in the stone-age.
Just stumbled upon this and felt like replying to this specific message.

I would disagree, myself. We essentially ARE in the stone-age, compared to where we would be had it not been for the oppression of technology by religion. Not to mention the burning of the Library of Alexandria, which, while there's no proof was done by religion, many believe to have been caused by people in the name of religion.

I remember learning a while back about how we'd be 200 years ahead of where we are right now, technology wise, if the burning of the Library of Alexandria had never happened. Can you imagine? Cars would have been around for 300 years now, televisions for nearly as long, and nuclear weapons would have been invented before the Revolutionary War.

I suppose that might be a bad thing, though.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!