View Single Post

Posted 2011-02-11, 08:53 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I have an interesting share that I feel..."
I understand where she is coming from with her argument, but I disagree that lack of proof disproves the existence of God.

"But you don't tell me you can't know that there isn't. I would say yes I know there isn't because I have been given no evidence."

Lack of evidence should not give a rational person certainty that something is untrue. This is why I'm agnostic and not atheist. It's entirely possible for something to be true and at the same time there be no proof of it. Maybe I just did a backflip, but I wasn't recording it and there were no witnesses. I know I did a backflip, but I can never prove that I did it. That would be a case where something is true and also has no proof.

Lack of proof should cast doubt on something, but not disprove it. I'm pretty sure I've argued extensively with MJordan/Desmethones about this in the past.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!