View Single Post

Posted 2010-09-15, 08:41 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Xanax is prescribed for panic disorder,..."
Quote:
but generally panic disorder manifests from chemical imbalances in the brain.
I'd like to know where you found this out at. I'm not calling you out, but as far as i've read they are caused by the fight-or-flight response in your brain being triggered out of whack. Maybe it could have started after a chemical imbalance? But there are tons of people out there dealing with issues without any chemical imbalances at all.

And like K_A said, let's say there is a chemical imbalance. You start taking xanax for this disorder, it doesn't fix the imbalance it just numbs you to the sensations.

As for panic attacks, I don't really have them anymore. I had a couple early in this year but have learned to manage them before they happen. I've learned personally that just the thought of what it was like the last time is what triggers the next one. Also, like you said, good exercise, diet and better sleeping habits can definitely help out.

I also think a lot of it is hereditary. I've had several relatives on one side of the family that all have the same issues, some are worse than mine, and one intermediate member states she has learned to basically make them disappear completely. None of them are medicated.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V