View Single Post

Posted 2009-06-16, 07:52 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "You'll want to dual boot that with a..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
You might want to give the Windows 7 RC a try.

Somewhat off-topic: Have you tried the latest version of Ubuntu? As I mentioned in another thread, it supposedly has excellent, native support for 32-bit Windows applications now. I've heard from a number of sources that Wine is useless in comparison. I haven't tried the former myself though. Setting up Debian on my Q6600 system was sufficiently annoying since my HD4870 was not supported by default by Debian-based systems. As a consequence, I'll probably wait for a while until giving Ubuntu another run for its money.

On topic: Your system looks great so far, SYG! As for Mirror's Edge, I recall from the PhysX demonstration videos that the most impressive "feature" was that in-game drapery would move in reasonably realistic ways when interacted with. That is a significant feature, according to the developers.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser