View Single Post

Posted 2009-02-23, 12:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "www.google.com"
I think it activity has dropped because we are too mature... I know how lame that sounds, but think about it. If you post something, and someone attacks it, you don't feel like wasting the energy to fight back, so you just ignore it. And being that the "attacker" doesn't have something else to attack, he has to just stop. The only thing recently that I have found that even begins to be considered an argument is the one Wed-G posted regarding the atheist guy! And even then that is only, what, 2 maybe 3 pages long? 1 for me, because I have 50 posts per page on display, but that doesn't matter...

Now, not saying that this should become a debate forum, or an argumentative forum... but like in the News Forum, the only new thing up there was a damn Victoria's Secret show, and that was it for the longest time. What about Octo-mom? What about the guy who murdered his wife's family, then himself after setting their house on fire? What about the California Politicians who just passed a bill to raise our taxes to unprecedented rates, when we can't even afford the shit we have to pay now, AND we aren't getting our tax returns? Alright, that last one, I admit, should have been me, as I think I am the only Californian here, but these other stories I am sure you guys have heard of right? Or what about the guy who captured illegal immigrants in his yard, and held them until Border Patrol arrived, and they SUED him!!! Over 10 years, he caught over 1200 illegals, who would trash his yard, leaving waste everywhere, slaughter his cattle, then some mexican law firm has the gall to sue him, because he carries a rifle with him as he patrols his yard!

If this is only news that California hears, I'm sure you guys got something happening that is news worthy...

As far as video games go, I think most of us have reached a point where the games don't become a difficulty anymore. We buy a game, beat it in a week, tops, and don't hardly ever need help with it. And being that new people aren't showing up, we can't off our advice or anything to the young'ns who may have trouble with a part. Also, games are fairly linear, so you can't really be like, "How do you kill the Scarab in level 8?" and you go, "Well I was posted up on the rocket launcher and just shot forever until he died," and another person can chime in and go, "Really? I thought it was taking too long, so I ran up, blew out his knees, scaled the beast, slayed the enemies, and blew up the reactor..." and still a 3rd person can tell how they did it their way. It's usually a "How do you kill the Scarab?" and you reply, "Blow up the reactor. Done" and the thread is done.

At least those are my thoughts...
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003