View Single Post

Posted 2008-10-09, 07:49 AM in reply to Noob101's post starting "You would give 20 XP each time you..."
Noob101 said: [Goto]
You would give 20 XP each time you smith something? Would make it fairly easy to level, especially early on.

As for creating custom items, have an anvil (like you said) have a conditional branch, depending on the level. If level 1, blah. Level 2, blah. Basically like you said. If you'll need certain items to craft something, put it in the conditional branch on the anvil.

It would look awesome if you add a smithing menu that has graphics of what you can/cannot craft, your level, and exp, with the menu opening at the anvil.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but I like to think it helps.

As for the fishing system, I had a rough system in place for my harvest moon clone rpg in 2k. I doubt I have it, but I'll look.

No depending on your level and what you craft/catch is different xp each thing. i was saying for common stuff at level 1 you'd get 5 xp for rare you'd get 20 xp or something like that. The smithing menu would be great actually, but i think that would require a script. i'll look it up and request it in RMXP.org unless someone can help me out here. anyways, i'm stuck in production of my game until my computer gets fixed. right now i'm on my old one that i ressurected from the dead lol. I'll try to get my RPg makers back on here, but i doubt that it could run em. Thanks though.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn