View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-21, 07:48 AM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "If I were you i'd make it simple so it..."
kockblocker1 said: [Goto]
If I were you i'd make it simple so it makes sense to non-IT types. Just ask him to pay you per hour what the IT guy at your business gets paid. For every hour you put into it, thats how much you should get paid for it. Also, don't count the time where work isn't busy as free time to work on his crap, you need to add that in there too. Whenever you are working on it thats billed time simply put.

Its cool that you started working on it for free and did extra stuff here and there, you showed your worth. But now that you have made your services known and respected (at least at your place of work) you need to be compensated.
What he said. Ask them to pay you what the IT guy gets paid hourly. And if he says no way, then say, "Okay, have the IT guy do this instead." and if the IT guy is as incompetent as you say, then he'll have no choice to pay you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos