View Single Post

Posted 2008-08-11, 08:10 AM in reply to hovind's post starting "Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has..."
hovind said: [Goto]
Isn't it obvious that God made us? Has he not made his presence around you painfully obvious.
He sure hasn't. Can you provide instances where it is 'painfully obvious' God exists? If God existed, why has he left man in the dark about his existence? Why is he allowing people to go to war and die over the possibility that he could be real? A real God could exhibit himself clearly to all men and have all men following his will to the last letter without a doubt or a slip.

hovind said:
Tell me, if God does not exist, how is it that you are here? You don't happen to believe in that old hoots theory of eviloution do you?
Pretty much. Science > Religion. Since you're new here and I don't know you really, I'm going to assume your a devout Christian to come at me with arguments like this and since you're a devout Christian, you take the bible as absolute fact, right? Tell me why there are so many contradictions in the bible. Tell me how a single man and his family was able to gather up two of every animal in the entire world and fit them on a boat to wait out a storm that lasted 40 days and 40 nights. Some stories in the bible (that's really all they are - stories) make absolutely no sense and cannot possibly be taken as fact.

MidnightsCorus said:
"For those who believe in God,
No explanation is necessary;
For those who do not believe in God,
No explanation is possible."

I sort of agree with this.
That's such a copout. The fact is, Theists can give no proof leading to His existence.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos