Thread: New to Zelaron
View Single Post

Posted 2008-06-24, 03:30 PM in reply to Yawgmoth's post starting "I think you miss the point. Tynion..."
To my knowledge, no one but KA was the slightest bit rude to him. And KA wasn't even that rude (he was making a good point, and it was constructive criticism.) The only two of your members I know of are you and this fellow. Both of you are not the stereotypical, normal new member. Each of you is wanting to immediately seize the reigns of Zelaron. The only person that's gotten an overly rude response is most likely you. Your thread, entitled "An unfriendly reminder", was mistaken for something other than satire. You have to understand, until a history of sarcasm is established, you're going to be taken at face value. That's the case with pretty much everyone.

If he's using the treatment of you as a barometer for the forum's treatment of most people then he's seriously mistaken. Unless someone is a complete douche when they start posting then the replies are normally benign. However, there is a sort of social darwinism in place on these forums as you've commented on. In the longrun, normally the ones with the thickest hide remain.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood