Thread: England vs. USA
View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-28, 06:11 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I agree with you there, HoH - it was a..."
Didier Drogba was sent off late in the second half of overtime for striking someone. Though it wasn't too much, he did up and slap one of the Manchester United players after a crowd gathered on the ball.

---------------

I thought the U.S. teamed played horridly. There seemed to be a lack of teamwork, particularly in trying to contain Rooney and Defoe. The only thing going for them, as you said, was the midfield. I really think that Beasely and Dempsey would've been better suited up top, as Wolff isn't the greatest and Johnson is in a slump. Michael Bradley should've controlled the flow of passes more and centralized the U.S. attack.

I also laughed when Rooney missed. He reminds me of a toothless brute willing to do anything to put the ball on net.

I would go into further detail, but I was just disgusted at how England basically outclassed the U.S. I hope that the U.S. do not get embarrassed when they play Argentina next month. Aguero and Tevez need to be contained.

---------

Lenny, if you want my comments on particular plays or certain areas of the match, feel free to ask. I just can't find much good to say about the U.S.
GK Tim Howard has Tourettes, by the way...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven