Thread: Schecter 3D
View Single Post

Posted 2008-05-21, 03:31 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "I can get some later today. And I..."
Modelling in 3D isn't merely a video games-related "thing". I think this serves more as an illustration than a piece of art (art is subjective, I know - but I just see a guitar and merely a guitar doesn't strike me as anything thought-provoking/evoking.)

But yes, as a 3D-rendering of a musical instrument, it looks good. Maybe you could make something interesting out of it? (If you only wish was to make a 3d-rendering of a musical instrument, you have succeded - but as you mentioned art, I felt as if you were trying to create... Something... More.)

A side-note: When I think of art, video games and music I think of Metroid Metal. Especially the logo of the NES-era Samus Aran holding a guitar, for me it is possibly the purest combination of those three. Especially since Super Metroid is probably the best piece of art ever made for the SNES.

"That surface that tells the Heavens it hath an end, cannot persuade me I have any."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Yawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzYawgmoth enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Yawgmoth