Thread: Gun laws?
View Single Post

Posted 2008-04-23, 11:38 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Of all the founding fathers of America,..."
Your response brings up another quote I remember. It's much more recent though. Seems like disregard for the founding fathers' wishes. This is the basis of our government and our success over the past couple centuries.

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

I'm not trying to trivialize 10,000 people dying annually, but when compared to the greater population it's just not that much. There are MANY things that could be done that could reduce the amount of deaths annually by 10,000. They could lower to speed limit to a crawl, closely monitor our diets, not allow us to perform any dangerous actions. However, if we wanted to do that we'd have to get rid of more liberties.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood