View Single Post

Posted 2008-03-17, 03:06 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "I don't care how many friends I lose..."
I also decided to reply:

The article I posted before this is almost COMPLETELY loaded with crap. Almost everything it says is a figment of someone's imagination.

The one month old embryo isn't even considered a fetus. It is not four inches long, in fact, when I looked at a spontaneously aborted embryo 4 weeks old preserved by plasticination I could not see it. It does not have most of its organs. It begins developing a brain at around this time. The heart does not begin to beat until around the fifth week. The lungs do not form until around the seventh week. It takes many, many more months before these organs finish developing.

At 8 weeks the embryo is hardly visible. It can't suck its thumbs -- in fact its fingers and toes are still webbed. And of course it's not capable of surviving outside of the womb. It's not even a fetus at this stage; much less a human baby. The 8-week old embryo looked more like hardened semen than a human baby.

At least this load of crap propaganda gets something right. The genitals are developed generally by the end of the third month. However, take note -- the original article claimed that the embryo if four inches long at the end of the first month. At the end of the 3rd month the fetus (yes, now it can properly be called that) still has not hit a length of 4 inches. The notion that the fetus is capable of human emotions is ludicrous.

Yes, it is true that the fetus grows hair on the fourth month. However, this is not the same hair you will see when you deliver. The hair that the article refers to is called Lanugo. It grows to insulate the skin because at this point the fetus does not have enough fat. Lanugo does not only grow on the head, it covers the entire fetal body. Lanugo is shed before birth.

The piece of propaganda claims that the fetus can think and feel by the fifth month. What a load of crap. The fetal brain is not even well enough developed to control basic bodily functions until the sixth month.

Women, please, please, don't buy into this religious propaganda. If you want a baby, great. However, get an abortion if need be. Don't ruin your life over fallacious propaganda.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes