Thread: Plastic Passion
View Single Post

Posted 2008-03-17, 12:25 PM
EDIT: The debate is...

Plastic Passion - a large majority of the acting community that is seen by millions on TV and in films (whether they be American or otherwise, though this jockey's view is that the main offenders are the American ilk) are 'pretty' in a plastic way. Rather than natural beauty, in both conventional and unconventional terms, the prettyness is faked by way of make-up, 'photoshopping', and even plastic surgery in extreme circumstances.

Discuss.

---

Thanatos said:
Are you biased towards English chicks?
Possibly...

To me, most American actresses seem... plasticy. I might be generalising terribly here, but there seems to be, in America, a feeling that only the 'pretty' people should appear on screen. A classic example is The Office. From what I heard and read, the producers of the American version of The Office recast the entire show because the English cast weren't 'pretty' enough.

The same goes for American film - I can't instantly think of an American actress, or even an actor, who isn't 'pretty' in some way, or plasticy.

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-03-17 at 01:36 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny