View Single Post

Posted 2007-09-07, 09:27 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "We payed so much money to destroy it..."
My Philosophy teacher pointed out something good in class yesterday. What started World War 1? The assassination of that duke ferdinand or whatever. One person died, so millions had to die. It's completely unproportional.

In the World Trade Center, how many people died? A few thousand, I think. I'm not saying that's a small number, but compare that to the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's that have since died. The WTC attack isn't even what started the Iraqi War, it was these "weapons of mass destruction." I'm also not saying that Saddam didn't deserve to die, but fighting violence with more violence just doesn't work. Honestly, I'd say that we've probably killed more Iraqi's than Saddam ever did. America has TURNED INTO a weapon of mass destruction. We're "fighting terrorism" but it's just growing more and more every day, we're just fanning the flames, we're BECOMING terrorists and creating MORE terrorists.

I'm not saying we should sit idly by and expect the world to fix itself, but you have to draw a line somewhere and say it's not worth it anymore. Saddam was a dictator, killed thousands of Iraqis, we invaded, destroyed their government, forced our methods onto them, and in the process killed many more people than Saddam ever did. It's just not worth it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!