View Single Post

Posted 2007-07-13, 05:10 PM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "After reading all this, it makes me..."
Vault Dweller said:
After reading all this, it makes me glad I never started. I'd done a report on some of the ethical issues involved in online gaming last semester, and had considered opening a WoW account. But with my addictive gaming personality, I can't imagine that would be a good thing.
The game has a few problems itself in my eyes, but largely what the problem with some people is that they don't have the willpower to quit something they enjoy, even though it's causing damage elsewhere.

I'll be quitting before this semester starts, and depending upon how I'm doing, I may renew if I can control it. I honestly just need more discipline and willpower in regards to my gaming.

As K_A said, MMOs are fantastic fun if you have the time to dedicate to them, but if you don't, you're just in for a world of hurt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker