View Single Post

Posted 2007-07-11, 08:32 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Quit the game."
Penny_Bags said:
Quit the game.
Don't know how I missed this thread, and I can highly relate to many parts of it...

I'm right up there myself, I actually just passed 270 days /played since release, not counting characters I've deleted. It's a truly sobering realization that I've spent 74% of a year logged on to the game. I was also unable to play for a period of 5 months during that time where I was largely unemployed too, that would have put me pretty close to a year.

I've been struggling to quit, however it's one of the cheapest forms of entertainment I can find since our budget isn't so great, Abby is still locating a job having just graduated from College. Add that to the fact that I'm in charge of a casual raid guild (so I somewhat have a responsibility to the guildies) and it always arms my other side of the brain with enough ammunition to keep me playing.

I'm growing away from it, and looking to fully switch over to casual gaming before the school semester starts up again, because my school performance this last semester suffered due to WoW (I actually had to withdraw from two classes due to work and WoW).

Grats on beating it, Penny. I hope you can stay off it and maybe things will look a little brighter for ya. I'll be joining you soon enough, after I get things set up for the guild to continue after my departure from the game.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker