View Single Post

Girl...loses feet on Ride!
Posted 2007-06-22, 04:35 PM
Copied/pasted from the Local news site here in Fla.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...eKQrYN/UwVM%3D

Young Girl Loses Feet on Kentucky Theme Park Ride

NBC News Channel Report

By Mark Schnyder
WAVE/NBC News Channel

LOUISVILLE, KY -- A 13-year old girl visiting Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville lost both of her feet when a ride malfunctioned Thursday afternoon. The accident happened on the Superman Tower of Wower, formerly known as the "Hell-a-vator."

Chris Stinnett say he was one ride over from the Superman Tower Drop when he saw the malfunction that sliced a 13-year old girl's feet off.

"At first I thought people were screaming because they were scared. It came back down and I seen the cable come back and hit a lot of people and I heard a lot of crying. It was crazy," said Chris Stinnett.

According to Six Flags no one else was hurt.

A home video, posted on YouTube shows how the Superman Tower of Power ride works at the Six Flags in St. Louis. Riders are strapped in and slowly taken to the top, then dropped at a speed of 56 miles per hour before easing to a stop on the ground. That's what happened here except for one major mishap.

"It went up, the cable snapped and it fell down and cable hit 'em. It was the same thing, just the cable broke," said Chris Stinnett.

Soon after the accident, theme park crews converged at the base of the ride to begin their investigation into what went wrong. The ride is shut down indefinitely.

"We were about to ride that ride before it happened, but then she said let's not ride it, let's go ride something else. That could have been all of us," said Whitney Sandfer, park visitor.

The theme park says it's trying to figure out what exactly went wrong. Other than that, no comment on the incident.

I found the article pretty funny, myself.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V