View Single Post

Posted 2007-04-18, 03:19 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "There was some headline about over..."
!King_Amazon! said:
There was some headline about over 100something iraqi's dying in some explosion today, but you won't see that on the news 24 hours a day. It's because they are in a warzone and stuff like that is somewhat to be expected.

Regardless, to people who say "people die every day, it's not that big of a deal," I'd love to find out when they die so I can go to their funeral with a sign that says "people die every day, get over it" and see their families reactions.

EDIT: WTF, where did that quote in my post come from? I don't even see where you said that.
I have no problem with a horrible thing like this being covered ...but it's not just this. The media capitalizes on it and milks it for all it's worth.

Not only is the tragedy covered. Of course, anti-gun people have to get their 15 minutes to say "I told you so! Guns should be outlawed ...see what happens?" What if he just blew up the fucking building? That would have been even worse and it's very possible.

What happened is sad, but do we really have to wallow in it for months like will inevitably happen? I mean, I know politicians and anti-gun lobbyists need shit like this to help boost their support but damn.

And I mean, with all this attention ...EVERYONE is talking about this and will be for a while. There are so many disturbed people out there that lack attention. They're scornful to everyone for ignoring them. What better way to get what they want ...they too could be talked about for days, weeks, or even months on air by some of the most recognizable people in the country.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood