View Single Post

Posted 2007-03-28, 03:28 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I've seen all that you've done though I..."
To be honest, the only Java I can write is my menus!

I write all my own CSS, though, simply because it is the smplest thing in the world to write. It might look like a handful if you're not used to it, but after a while you'll be doing it without thinking.

For example:

Code:
body {
 background-color:#333333;
 margin:0 auto;
}
#around {
 width:600px;
 text-align:center;
 padding:5px 5px 5px 5px;
 background-color:#eeeeee;
}
#header {
 width:590px;
 background-image: url(http://ineffable.byethost31.com/imag...litbarblue.jpg);
 height:30px
BODY - the main body of the page. I've got a very dark grey background. The margin is in there simply because it works.

AROUND - margin in again because it works. Width speaks for itself, as does text-align and background-colour. Padding is basically space between the border and the writing in pixels.

HEADER - margin, again because it works. Width speaks for itself, as does height. And the background image is a link to an image.

So you see, when you break it down it really is simple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny