View Single Post

Posted 2006-05-19, 07:34 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Well looks like besides no monthly cost..."
I actually like it but the game is definitely not for everyone. Unlike WoW, most of it cannot be done solo and I think it gives the average intelligence of gamers too much credit.

The instancing is kind of annoying but I think it beats the alternative of massive KS'ing and looting. Also, there are story based missions that wouldn't work if people entered and exited them at random.

The game is also more tactical in battle than WoW which is probably why it isn't popular amongst that crowd. Battles have a lot more to do with which skills you have equipped (you can only have 8 accessible at a time and switch outside of combat zones) and how you use them then level. You also can't get very far on your own. In the original, a warrior with monk as their second class could get through 3/4 of the game solo, but Factions has rebalanced it quite a bit so that is not longer possible.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm