Thread: The Mars Volta
View Single Post

The Mars Volta
Posted 2005-07-14, 07:10 PM
Ive been listening to this band since they were formed from pieces of "At the Drive In"... and I just started listening to their new CD again today... just would like to know what people think of them.

Personally I think both of their CD's are brilliant... but the second is brilliant from an art standpoint. The musicianship is very good, as are the vocals... but the second album extends to the point of over doing it on the whole "art rock" thing. However, I do like it. A lot.

Anyone into The Mars Volta? It's fucking trippy shit if you havent heard them. Imagine making Led Zeppelin more modern, crossing them with Pink Floyd style progressivism and artsiness, and then add in some modern shredding.

They are, however, overrated. I like them, but they aren't the best thing ever. They aren't really listenable unless you have an hour to listen to the whole album.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags