View Single Post

Posted 2005-02-25, 10:59 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Well...check out White Camelia Knights..."
I'm really just sick and tired of how everyone seems Americans treated their slaves the worst, when the truth is they probably treated them the best or close to it.(not that I approve of slavery or anything)

For my part, I've researched it quite a bit. I've visited plantation homes (some of which were owned by Black/Colored individuals who evidently had little problem with using slave labor in their own fields) and seen some of the surviving cabins where slaves were housed.

TRUST me...No African slave in the United States ever ran the risk of being butchered and eaten, or tortured to death as part of some barbarous religious ceremony. The slave populations survived AND THRIVED in America because of how they were treated.

It's amazing how powerful a little bit of knowledge is and how it can affect a person's point of view. Do yourself a favor and start asking the right questions.

What are the right questions?

1) Why are the Code Noirs and other civic codes regulating the treatment of slaves basically unmentionned in history classes?

2) Why is it that the great abolitionists of the antebellum period that are most lauded are Blacks such as Frederick Douglas and Harriet Tubman? There were PLENTY of White abolitionists who conspired at the risk of their lives and liberty to liberate slaves, yet they remain anonymous, and virtually forgotten?

3) WHY are the free Black/Colored classes who owned vast numbers of slaves to work their plantations and businesses unmentioned?

In other words, WHY is society deliberately painting Whites as "evil" and "oppressive" slaveholders and Blacks are depicted as "helpless victim" types when this situation simply was not the case?

Does it not sound to you like someone is deliberately manipulating the truth to create conflict?
Snow is racist. It does not have an equal amount of colored snow as it does white snow. We must find a way to alter nature so that snow becomes colored.

When you decorate your tree for Christmas, you must put at least 24.8% colored bulbs, and they must be placed throughout the tree and not segregated in any matter.

Christmas presents must not be wrapped in white paper.

If Christmas music is to be played, under no circumstances is 'Have a White Christmas' to be Played.

Turkey may be served, but only if there is an equal amount of dark and white meat be served.

You must keep your colored and white dogs in the same room at all times, unsegregated, and they must get along at all times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zonalon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zonalon