View Single Post

Posted 2004-11-16, 04:16 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "On Suicidal Thoughts"
Yeah, I see what you're all saying. I know that suicide hurts other people if you do it and all that shit. *shrugs* They're just thoughts, they usually fade away over a couple of minutes or less, so I just sort of ignore them.

On the topic of cutting wrists. There's really two kind of people who does this. There's the attention seekers who just try to act "goth" and say that their life sucks and everyone hates them, blah blah blah. They're the fuckasses who wanna be something they're not. Then you have your people who truly have depression. Depression is a disorder, and so technically, cutting themselves may be a symptom. They have no control over their depression, unless they take meds, which has now been found out that the meds may cause suicidal thoughts.

I've been through the whole cutting wrist thing, life sucked over the summer. I'm over it now. From my view, though, people who are truly feeling like shit don't cut themselves to get attention. I know a lot of people who've done it, and still do it, even though we've got them help. All of them did it without anyone knowing, as a personal way of releasing stress, or some other reason. I went through it, and I'm pretty sure the only person I told was Insolence, and he called me a dumbass. XD He was right, but it did help release stress. *shrugs*

I guess I'm just saying there's two types of people that cut. There's the poseur fucks who do it to get attention, and there's people who do it out of pure personal matters, and don't advertise it. Just a thought~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SurrealWaking