View Single Post

Posted 2004-08-27, 04:57 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "How can i get administative rigths ona ..."
Hades-Knight said:
How can i get administative rigths ona novell network? the computers got administraor rights inw idnows but a bunch of stuff is disabeld (right clcik, regsitry editing,etc)

c:\ is lcoked but i managed ot get into it, is there anythign i can change fromc lient to get administartor rights or at elast disable novell?
If it's XP Pro, you can go to Start-Run and "gpedit.msc" will allow you to set a HUGE amount of random stuff. (I'm about 75% sure right-clicking is in there)

If you can't get to the run prompt, go into C:\Windows\System32 and run GPEdit.msc from there.

---

(Of course, this is assuming that this is set locally. If it's set remotely (through Novell) you may just want to pull the network cord out and restart. In 90% of the cases, you won't get a login prompt. If you do, log in and it'll use your cached info to let you log in. It can't download the policy package..)

Last edited by BlueCube; 2004-08-27 at 05:00 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube