View Single Post

Posted 2004-08-11, 09:45 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Shit man, never give up hope in The..."
The Glove was great, but everybody inevitably gets old. Payton is reaching that point, if he's not there already. He was a great player, but he will slowly decline. Unless Boston had a very good chance of winning the championship this year, I don't see what good The Glove is going to do for Boston. He's not going to be along for too long, so if I was a GM in Boston, I'd probably look to trade for a younger player.

On the flip-side, I don't see what Boston will do for Payton either. If it's a championship he wants, it's not going to happen in Boston anytime in the foreseeable future. If Houston had gotten him, that would kick ass. I don't know where he'd fit in best, though, because just about every team I can think of that has a shot at the championship this year has a good point guard. The two best teams that I could see for him would be either with Indiana, or Dallas. In Indiana, they have a great point guard in Tinsley, but the experience that Payton would bring to Indiana at the point guard spot would be invaluable. Dallas could also use Payton, because I would still start him over Best or Terry. I don't give Dallas much of a shot this year, but Payton would have significantly increased their chances.

Steve Nash is underrated, but the most underrated point guard in the league has to be Tony Parker. That man can play some ball, yet you hardly hear anything about him. Steve Nash is still considered one of the premier point guards in the league, but Tony Parker is not, where he should be. The most overrated point guard, on the other hand, would have to be Steve Francis. He came in one or two years dunking like crazy, and everybody knows about him. He isn't the greatest of point guards. In my opinion, putting him at the two would be a good move.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes