View Single Post

Posted 2004-08-11, 07:23 AM in reply to ExT's post starting "How will hammerdins do Vs Casters? No..."
ExT said:
How will hammerdins do Vs Casters? No tele
Hammerdins don't NEED tele. blckshdwdragon dismantled my V/T without it...

Anyway, in the days BEFORE synergies, Barbs owned the game, no question. They may still...

Zon: I would advise against a bowzon, since there's no jewels/150+ damage bows, you're shooting slow, and you're shooting for shit damage...
Maybe a poison javazon could be decent.

Necro: A necromancer would be hard to use, since you'll lack teleport AND run/walk charms, so even a .09 style necro would be difficult to play, since you won't be able to outrun anything.

Pally: FoH is still powerful, due to Conviction. They don't have 4-socket Monarchs in Classic either.
Charger/Zealot (Crusader?) might be ok, since Charge will let you run down quick chars, but good luck hitting your 4FPA Zeal.
Hammerdin is an ok choice, but your weapon is gonna be Spectral Shard, which lacks the resists of Wizardspike or HOTO. Still, you should be able to counter that with a point or two into each 'Resist-Element'.

Sorc: Fire sorc would be just as useless in Classic, as both Hotspurs and Nokozan Relic exist on Classic. GG'd
Lit sorc lacks a lot of gear choices, but could be ok. I never really looked into making one, so I'm not the best person to ask.
Cold sorc is still the best, due to Cold Mastery.

I would personally make a barb. Make sure you get Death's Sash for the 'Cannot be Frozen' mod, as only that and Hawkmail are the only Classic items with that mod, I believe.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker