View Single Post

Posted 2004-02-29, 09:10 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "I agree with you on only one point: the..."
I agree with Raziel for the most part. If you're going to hunt strictly to hang the animal's head on the wall, to boost your ego or whatever, then you're doing it for the wrong reason. If you hunt and eat the animal, then in my book you're not doing anything immoral.

Only thing I disagree with Raziel is...animals really can't fight back if you're standing with a shotgun a 100 feet away from them. Even a bear or rhino really couldn't fight with that, but I guess they would have more of a chance than some other animals. (I honestly don't know how strong bears or rhinos are, but I'm assuming even they can't take two or three shotgun shells.) But there is almost no way in hell that a deer could fight back. It has about as much of a chance as Iraq did in winning the war against America.

So, to conclude, if you want to hunt strictly to boost your ego, like Raziel said, it's wrong, but if you're going to eat it then that's fine by me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes