View Single Post

Posted 2004-01-03, 09:20 PM in reply to Raziel's post "Semi-Finals! Cloud vs. Samus"
given that the main argument thus far used for samus has been the invincibility of samus' screw attack and that so far it seems to be treated as giving full invincibility to samus
and theoretically there is no way to break through the screw attack.. unless the invincibility of samus screw attack is disproven or the power of the attack is somehow dimmed cloud cannot damage samus

i would try bringing out tackle but samus is surrounded with the screw attack and it would probably be difficult to nail samus bouncing around in the air

as an attempt to disprove the invincibility of screw attack i will use the animated gif i posted in a prior thread that proves that the screw attack can be interrupted and even damage inflicted as a backlash
however it has been brought up that this is a weak argument due to the fact that it is not "well defined" what can break screw attack.. as for example queen metroid cannot break the screw attack
Edit: 
forgot to actually attach picture

omnislash may not hit effectively.. if you remember the argument of "combo attacks" brought up by senesia.. temporary invincibility following taking damage will greatly reduce moves like omnislash's effectiveness
samus has this feature (at least in super metroid).. its not as long and powerful as X's invincibility but samus does have it
id counter this with my prior argument on throws but i cant remember any evidence that samus can be caught in an attack without setting off the temporary invincibility

dante is somewhat similar to cloud in the swords abilities with the difference that dante is demonic and has guns.. cloud may have a slight advantage in that cloud has limited flight and maybe a couple of techniques (which pretty much match up with dante's combo abilities)
given the above.. because dante lost pretty badly on all counts and all arguments given for dante were all considered almost completely speculative and unswaying.. only raziel was slightly swayed but seemed to still edge slightly towards samus
..cloud has pretty much already lost this and really has no chance to win

is the castle completely enclosed? are there any balconies or is there a perch atop the castle thats open to the sky?

btw offtopic but are you guys deleting old threads?

Last edited by sh0e; 2004-01-04 at 10:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
sh0e is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensh0e is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

sh0e